Friday, March 5, 2010

I have a wonderful husband!

Background info: Jason has acid reflux and every so often he gets a little tickle in this throat which makes him cough. At times, it is so bad he loses his lunch!

More background info: For those of you who have been pregnant before, you know that while pregnant 70% of all conversations become about ‘being pregnant’ and all the fun things associated with pregnancy. A fun fact that Jason’s dad shared with us the other day was some men actually experience morning sickness. Who'd of thunk it! The day after this conversation, I was talking with folks at work about how men tend to gain weight while their wives are pregnant. While rolling these thoughts around in my mind, I thought 'I need to have a talk with my husband,' WHO...since I've been pregnant....has lost 18lbs and sleeps through my morning sickness. I jokingly reminded him that it would not hurt to show a little more compassion with these matters.

The story: I was getting ready for work this morning and Jason was playing with the dogs in the bedroom, when all of a sudden I felt it happening…again. Only this time I could not make it to the twa-let. So in my sink it goes. At the same time I hear Jason start coughing…and coughing…and coughing. When all of a sudden he comes racing in the bathroom headed for his sink and joins in on the fun. We begin exchanging occasional glances while simultaneously emptying out our already empty stomachs. I finish first and thank him for being a fabulous husband and demonstrating compassion for his wife who is tired of morning sickness. I love you hunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment